Scroll to bottom Scroll to top
Welcome to our school website!
Home Page

Holbeach Bank Primary School

Home Page

Holbeach Bank Primary School

Who can help?

How will the school get more help for my child?

If your child continues to experience specific problems; a specialist outside agency may be contacted and their advice sought.  We have a wide range of agencies who we can obtain advice from.  This may mean other professionals coming in to observe, teach or assess your child; as well as completing paperwork.  If we want to refer a child we do need parental consent and you will be asked to sign a consent form.  Without parental permission an outside agency can not be involved with a child.


What outside agencies can school access?

  • Speech and Language Therapy Service (SALT)
  • Educational Psychologist (EP)
  • Community Paediatrician
  • Autism outreach
  • Pathways
  • Specialist Teaching Service (STS)
  • School nurse
  • Family support worker
  • Physiotherapist
  • Child and Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Young Carers
  • Counsellor


How can I support my child?

  • Attend parents evenings and SEND meetings
  • Ask for support and guidance
  • Keep informed through school letters and the school website
  • Regular homework and reading with your child
  • Attend open mornings
  • Be a listening ear to your child


How do I get a diagnosis for my child?

Pupils may receive a diagnosis if they have a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia or a medical condition.  Pupils do not receive a ‘diagnosis’ of special educational needs.

If you have a concern that your child has a specific difficulty e.g. ADHD or autism then the SENCo can make a referral to the community pediatrician.

If you have a concern that your child has a learning difficulty e.g. dyslexia or dyscalculia the SENCo can make a referral to a specialist teacher from the STS team.  We currently have a STS teacher in school one morning each month.  The STS teacher provides a report after working with the child which provides advice on how best to support the child’s needs.  They can also refer a child to the visual stress clinic.

If you have a concern that your child has a speech and language difficulty the SENCo can make a referral to the speech and language therapy service.

Referrals and diagnosis can vary in time depending on the agency involved and the child.

The Meridian Federation - Growing Our Future Together - Our Values:

  • Enquiry

  • Unique

  • Respect

  • Achieve

  • Confidence

  • Happiness

  • Tolerance

1 6 8 5 0 Visitors